Make Money Online

Friday, August 20, 2010

What Happens When You Miss a Leadership Seminar?

When you miss a seminar, you will never know what you missed.

When you miss a seminar, you will never know what you missed.
Miss the first seminar, you have a cold.
Miss the second seminar, you have pneumonia.
Miss the third, you're dead.
You probably will have lost all interest by then.
No matter how fired up you are about your dreams and goals, this formula holds true.
A good example is from personal experience.
When our football superstar son went to college, we made a commitment that we would never miss a football game. Up until that point in our lives, we never missed a monthly seminar with our leadership development team for any reason.
Of course, college football starts in September, so we missed September, October, and November. Then my husband wanted to go deer hunting with the boys, so he missed December.
Fortunately, for us there was a large leadership seminar in January, where we could get fired up and refocused on our goals and dreams. We attended all the seminars until September, and restarted again at another January seminar.
We did this for 4 years. By the end of the 4 years, we were not as committed as we should have been. Since we missed so many seminars, it was easier to make excuses to miss more. Also, we had a harder time getting people on our team to the seminars, because we were not going to them.
We will never know how much it cost our business growth because we missed the seminars. However, if I had it to do over again, I still would have missed all the seminars to be able to watch my son play college football. They grow up so fast. At least I have those memories.
Unfortunately we did miss midget baseball and football games, high school football games and track events, and even state track events. We do regret that, and if we had it to do over we would not have missed anything that was important to our kids.They grow up too fast. Having said all that, I still encourage everyone to get to whatever seminars they can. Keep things in perspective. I don't think a t-ball game is as important as a college football game that your son spent his whole life striving to become the best athlete possible.
We are so proud of both of our children and their families. Unfortunately children spell Love as T-I-M-E. Our kids did not feel they got enough of our time, and they are right.
When I missed the seminars, I missed the seminars. I sat at football games wondering what I was missing. I wondered what I might have heard that could have moved us forward in our businesses. I missed the crowd of excited people all heading in the same direction. I don't know if I missed that "one thing" that I needed to hear, but at least I did not miss the final four seasons of my son's football career. He was an exceptional athlete, and expecting to go to the NFL, but he hurt his knee playing basketball 1 month before try-outs.
His dream of being a football player is over, but I still have the rest of my life to become the best person I can be and help others to do the same. I am back on track and more fired up than ever about our leadership team. I never plan to miss another miss a seminar, but emergencies do come up. As far as other people, we can empathize with people and let them know how we would decide what to do, but they will have to make their own decisions.
Visit Get On TEAM to learn more about a world class leadership development system and one of the fastest growing leadership communities on the planet!
To learn how you can find an internet marketing mentor, or make money while you sleep using the power of the internet, by starting an online business, visit Pam Eppinette.
Pam Eppinette has over 30 years of business, sales and marketing experience and is a successful internet business owner, wellness consultant and life and business coach. Pam is an Internet Marketing Coach for what is arguably the World's Largest Internet Marketing School available today and a leadership coach for one of the world's best leadership training and development companies.

END OF POST

No comments: