Make Money Online

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Give Up What You Love Doing If It Is Not Getting You Closer to Your Goals

You may have to give up something you love doing if it is not getting you closer to your goals. One thing I use to love to do and I am very good at is selling on eBay. I loved buying at yard sales and thrift shops and selling the stuff on eBay. I loved taking pictures, writing the descriptions, uploading the auction and watch the bidding wars start and end!
I took pride in my auctions and to satisfy my personal best I put time into a lot of detail. I uploaded 10 pictures for 1 item, and a description about the slightest detail.
I made a lot of money doing eBay, but it was a the expense of having a personal life, family time, time to devote to my personal development and life coaching business, etc. I also had a very disorganized house, messy and cluttered,but clean. People kept telling me it was not worth it, but to me it was at the time.
Finally I closed up my eBay store because we were doing a total remodel on our house for at least 6 months, inside and out. After we moved back into the house, I had no desire to get started again.
Maybe after I get closer to other goals and have more free time, I might list a few high ticket items now and then, but not spend hours and hours of my life doing it.
Why am I telling you all this? Because I was making money, I thought I was doing good. When I looked at my goals, I was way off. I was doing what I wanted to do, not what I needed to do.
Now before I do something, I ask myself:
What can you do in the next 15 minutes that will take you closer to your goal?
Visit Get On TEAM to learn more about a world class leadership development system and one of the fastest growing leadership communities on the planet!
To learn how you can find an internet marketing mentor, or make money while you sleep using the power of the internet, by starting an online business, visit Pam Eppinette.
Pam Eppinette has over 30 years of business, sales and marketing experience and is a successful internet business owner, wellness consultant and life and business coach.
 END OF POST.

No comments: