Make Money Online

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Read With A Highlighter and Intent To Learn

Have a highlighter and notebook with you when you read.


I don't think it is as important to fly through books just to say you read them, as it is to actually study or digest what you are reading. I can honestly say that when I read just to get through something, it did not mean as much as when I read with an intent to learn and take time to get a nugget or something to digest or meditate on.
There was a time in my life when I tried to read so many chapters a day in the Bible, just so I could stand up when they asked at church who read through the Bible last year.
One year I stood up and I was the only teen who read the Bible, and the youth Pastor gave me $20.00. I was fired up! To a teen that babysat to make extra money, that was a fortune at the time! I guess it was an incentive to get others to read their Bible that year.
That was when I was in 8th grade and it was still cool (and allowed) to carry a Bible to school. I was really on fire for the Lord, (I cooled off over the years, but I'm on fire once again) and really enjoyed reading my Bible. Any free minute I got, I grabbed my highlighter and my Bible and read it. I was really excited about it then, and not the least bit ashamed to carry it. The guy I had a crush on at church in my youth group also carried his Bible to school.
I remember having a goal that year to highlight at least something in every chapter that really spoke to me or I felt was really important. After that, I started reading other books with a highlighter and did the same thing. Funny, nobody told me to do it. It was self-learned. I guess I was pretty smart way back when.Wow, that brings back some awesome memories of my youth group days at church. We had a lot of fun.
If you read with an intent to learn something, you will learn something. The more you read, the more you will want to read. Whenever I have gone on a trip with my leadership team, I have noticed that the leaders read at the airport, laying on the beach in the sun, and even sitting in the lounges in Alaska on a cruise. If they aren't reading, they are talking about the book they are reading.
TEAM is offering full access to their leadership website for 30 days free. To start your free trial, go now to http://www.GetOnTeam.com or go now to learn more about a world class leadership development system and one of the fastest growing leadership communities on the planet! To learn how you can find an internet marketing mentor or start an online business, go to http://www.pameppinette.com
Pam Eppinette has over 30 years of business, sales and marketing experience and is a successful internet business owner, wellness and weight management coach and a TEAM leadership, life and business coach.


Have a highlighter and notebook with you when you read.
END OF POST


No comments: