Make Money Online

Monday, May 26, 2008

Is It Important Or Or Is It Urgent?

What can you do in the next 15 minutes that will take you closer to your goal?

One of the hardest things for me has been getting sidetracked with stuff that needs done, but it really isn't going to get me closer to my goals.
It seems like I always have a gazillion things to do, but which one of them is really going to help me reach the goals in my life?

One thing I love to do and I am very good at is selling on ebay. I love to buy at yard sales and sell the stuff on eBay. I love taking pictures, writing the descriptions, uploading the auction and watch the bidding wars start and end!
I took pride in my auctions and to satisfy my personal best I put time into alot of detail. I uploaded 10 pictures for 1 item, and a description about the slightest detail.

I made a lot of money doing eBay, but it was a the expense of having a personal life, family time, time to devote to my personal development and life coaching business, etc. I also had a very disorganized house, messy and cluttered,but clean. People kept telling me it was not worth it, but to me it was at the time.

Finally I closed up my eBay store because we were doing a total remodel on our house for at least 6 months, inside and out. After we moved back into the house, I had no desire to get started again.
Maybe after I get closer to other goals and have more free time, I might list a few high ticket items now and then, but not spend hours and hours of my life doing it.

Why am I telling you all this? Because I was making money, I thought I was doing good. When I looked at my goals, I was way off. I was doing what I wanted to do, not what I needed to do.

Now before I do something, I ask myself:
What can you do in the next 15 minutes that will take you closer to your goal?
END OF POST

No comments: